Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My FOAA Adoption Story

Ari was about eight months old when he appeared in my community. He wandered around for a couple of weeks before a gentleman took him in. He put the pup in a crate and drove around, asking if anyone knew who the dog belonged to. That's when I got my first look at him. He made such an impression on me that I took a picture of him.
Two days later he peeks into my door, and the rest is history. My husband and I never intended to keep him, so FOAA had him neutered, and the search for a good home was on. I "fostered" him for two weeks before he made a trip to West Palm to a possible home. I missed him terribly! When that home fell through, and was offered a chance to have him back permanently, I was over the moon!
It will be a year, in July, since that first fateful day. It was love at first sight, and he still brings me joy every day. Potcakes are a very special breed......best dogs ever. There is a perfect potcake out there for anyone willing to open their hearts and homes. I have mine...........

1 comment:

Janie said...

I love it!!! Just watched it - Ari is wonderful and Tara ain't too bad either....Auntie Janie